Allied Company Limited is a private limited liability company incorporated in Ghana on November 4, 1996 under the Companies Code of 1963(Act 179). The Ministry of Mines and Energy issued a provisional operating license to the Company as the premier private indigenously owned Oil Marketing Company on July 15, 1998.
The company commenced business on October 19, 1998. Later, in October 2003, the Energy Commission issued the company with a final license under the Energy Commission Act (Act 541).
In 1998, at the time Allied was licensed to operate, all the industry players with the exception of GOIL, which was and is still owned by the government of Ghana, were all foreign owned. Mobil, Total, Elf, Shell and Unipetrol (now Oando) were the key players in the market.
Sixteen (17) years on, Allied can boast of:
- A unique OMC brand and rich history.
- Brand of the Year 2014 – Downstream (Ghana Oil and Gas Awards – GOGA)
- A 5% market share on white oils as at 2012.
- Being the main distributor for MOBIL range of lubricants.
- Hundred (100) retail outlets spread over the country which sells an average of 8 million – 10 million litres of fuels a month.
- A dedicated human resource of over three hundred (300) staff.
- A board and management team dedicated to the business; with high emphasis not only on profits and shareholder value but on corporate social responsibility.